*In this late-night feature – which will run on Tuesday and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Joanna requested a few picks for pencil skirts that aren’t boring (!), so here we go:
Reveillon Pencil Skirt – was $168, now $49.95
Yep, you’ve got lace, sequins, and mesh in that skirt and it STILL doesn’t look over-the-top somehow. That pale dusty lilac is great for spring, and this could be dressed down with a simple white tee for weekend, paired with a solid sweater and chunky necklace for work, and polished with a crisp button-front for evening. Available in sizes 0 -14, as well as a few petite sizes. (This pencil skirt has a sequin panel and is available in sizes 12 – 24)
LOFT Contrast Stripe Pencil Skirt – was $69.50, now $32.99
Extra 40% off applied in shopping cart
Considerably less fancy but decidedly un-boring, this bold striped pencil skirt would make a fabulous staple. Pair it with a black graphic tee for a funky casual look or a bold floral for a fun print mix. Available in sizes 00 – 14. Also in petite and curvy fit (00 – 18). This skirt has much smaller stripes, but is available in 1X – 3X.
Nic + Zoe Shine On Skirt – was $128, now $39.99
With an asymmetric hem and subtly shiny texture, this pencil skirt is far from basic. All you need is a simple sweater and funky statement necklace and you’ve got a ready-made, office-friendly outfit. Available in black, pale gray, and this purple-blue in sizes 2 – 16. Size availability varies by color.
RSVP Earla Ponte Pencil Skirt – was $55, now $38.99
And in case your definition of non-boring is just “not black or gray,” this simple, affordable ponte skirt comes in basic black but also dark red, plum, and this gorgeous hunter green. Available in sizes XS – XL. Size availability varies by color.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for pencil skirts that aren’t boring:
- Yoox – These are designer options so many will be spendy, but Yoox has amazing sales. This lace inset pencil skirt is about the same price as one from Banana Republic.
- Boden – Loads of gorgeous prints, colors, and textures, including this lovely metallic tweed.
- Anthropologie – You’re not likely to find a solid in the bunch. Get a load of this stripe/floral mashup design.
- Nordstrom – I tend to think of Nordstrom for basics, but they have some really fab pencil skirts now, like this sassy python print in regular and plus sizes.
- J.Crew – High prices, but gorgeous pencil skirt designs. This foiled print is amazing.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! Pencil skirts are eternal, and there will be some in prints, patterns, interesting colors and textures on the thrift racks. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.