*In this late-night feature – which will run Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Inky Wine requested a few picks for cocktail dresses with sleeves, so here we go:
Pisarro Nights Scoop Neck Sequin Sheath Dress – was $278, now $138.98
All-over sequins and a simple shape make this dress a great bet for evening fun. Just add simple jewelry and dark hose for a dynamite winter look. Available in sizes 4 – 12. Also note from product description: “Due to the nature of the fabric; this item will stretch. If between sizes; order one size down.” (Also see this similar color/style sequin shift dress.)
Pim + Larkin Boatneck Lace Dress – was $89, now $69.99
Long sleeves are a tall order, so hopefully these half-sleeves will suffice! Lace is trending for spring and summer, but really always a classic choice. I actually love how this dress is styled here with opaque tights and bright red heels. Available in sizes XS – L. (This pink/black lace option is lovely, too, though only available in XS – M)
Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique Tie Waist Silk Dress – was $178, now $106.80
I find this style of dress difficult to style – the volume can be fabulous or overwhelming depending on the figure shape inside the dress – but my gosh it’s gotten rave reviews from customers! It’s also one of the few colorful options I found, has great size range, and comes in petites. Available in this cobalt, rust red, and black in sizes 0 -16. Size availability varies by color.
Trina Turk Snow Bunny Dress – was $328, now $229.99
Certainly a splurge (might go down in price again, if you keep your eyes peeled), but such a gorgeous shape. If you’re looking for something formfitting and sultry, this dress is a marvelous option. Paired with patterned tights, it’d be amazing. Available in sizes 0 -10 in this pink and in black. Size availability varies by color.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for cocktail dresses with sleeves:
- Nordstrom - Many are spendy – like this gorgeous lace dress and this illusion yoke one – but Nordstrom gives you the option to search by sleeve length. And for this, I adore them.
- Boden – Many Boden dresses are casual, but many also have sleeves. And some options – like this sequin sheath – are cocktail-ready.
- eDressMe – Cocktail and party dresses with sleeves available in many styles.
- Bluefly – Only 37 options, but all gorgeous.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! Since the current dress paradigm is sleeveless, look to the past. Used dresses are more likely to have sleeves, and fancy ones are donated often. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.