*In this late-night feature – which will run Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Annie requested a few picks for tops that bridge the gap between casual and dressy and can stand alone as interesting pieces, so here we go:
Garden Print Blouse – was $78, now $44.99
(Extra 25% off taken on all sale items)
In my opinion, blouses are the ideal casual-formal bridging top. Not everyone loves to wear them, but they can look fabulous dressed down with jeans and boots and equally stellar dressed up with a skirt or slacks and work shoes. In addition to this rich, watercolor-y print, this machine washable blouse features a keyhole neckline and tie detail that make it even lovelier. Available in sizes XS – XL.
Sunburst Latitudes Top – was $88, now $41.97
with code WOW30
This longer length top isn’t quite a tunic, but would still pair well with skinny jeans or a flowy maxi skirt for weekend wear. Swap in dress pants and heels for a more formal look. Available in sizes XS – XL in this plum and also in heather gray/teal stripe.
Tippi Sweater in Polka Dot – was $89.50, now $34.99
with code STYLE2013
A slightly cozier option, since this is an actual sweater, but quirky and fun with oversized polka dots. For work this will look fun with skirts and slacks, and you can add a blazer to tone down the graphic print. For casual wear, just add jeans or cords! Available in sizes XXS – XL.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for eye-catching tops:
- Anthropologie – Hardly a top at Anthro that isn’t eye-catching. For casual/dressy options try their Tops & Tees category, which includes gems like this lace-print boatneck and asymmetrically pleated v-neck.
- Sundance Catalog – Loads of embellished, printed, and detailed tops, blouses, and sweaters.
- ModCloth – Although simple basics are mixed in, printed blouses, detailed sweaters, and embellishments galore are always available on this site. This bow-detail blousewould look equally cute with broken-in jeans or a sleek pencil skirt.
- Boden – Although the company’s tops are mainly interesting due to impeccable taste in prints – like the ones available for this simple top – embellished and cleverly constructed tops are in the mix as well.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! It’ll be hit or miss, for sure, but considering how much fun it can be to land an amazing top that no one else has ever seen, definitely worth a look. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.