Today’s guest post comes from the amazing Nichole Kellerman, a dynamo of a fitness and lifestyle coach who teaches her clients to enjoy movement and love healthy food choices. Today, she’s going to share a 10-minute workout that can be done almost anywhere. Read on for the details.
* * * * *
Hey there. My name is Nichole Kellerman and I am here to give you some killer tips on how to keep your body in top notch condition so you can feel incredible ALL the time!
We all know that being healthy isn’t just about what you put in your mouth, right? It’s about many components; diet, exercise, sleep, stress management, emotional stability, spirituality, and the list goes on. It’s like a wheel: If a section is missing it won’t function properly.
Today, I am going to show you how to work two components of this wheel at the same time. This workout I made for you has many dynamic movements that incorporate multiple muscle groups and joints, helping to create a strong, fit, injury-free body! Plus I have added some positive affirmations to go along with each movement.
Here’s a printable PDF showing the steps. They’re also outlined below.
1. Side Lunge to Shoulder Press, Balance – “I am climbing to new levels”
- With one dumbbell (5-12 lbs) feet together, step out to the side reaching to the inside of the opposite foot.
- Step back to the starting position
- Press arm up overhead and kick moving leg in front of you, to balance
2. Back Lunge To Rotate – “I love my life”
- Start standing, with one weight, holding on both sides
- Lunge back (ideally 90 degrees at each knee)
- Arms out, rotate over the front leg
- Back to standing
- Alternate to the next leg
3. Deadlift To Row – “Out with the old, in with the new”
- Feet together, legs straight but knees NOT locked
- Both dumbbells in hands bend over, shoulders back, till you feel a stretch in the back of your leg
- Back up to standing, pull arms back, squeeze shoulder blades and repeat
- Advanced perform on one leg (one leg deadlift)
4. Plank With Triceps Kickback – “Create your own affirmation”
- On the floor, core tight, hips down
- Keep core tight (belly button to spine)
- Pull one are up, lock elbow into waist
- Kick arm straight squeezing tricep
- Switch arms
5. Cardio Dance Party
- Put on your favorite jam and DANCE!
- DO NOT SKIP THIS! It is vital for your health, happiness and heart.
- Let go, have fun, be silly, get out of your head and into you body
- *All out* go for it. Your body needs this.
You can do these exercises just about anywhere you can stash a set of dumbells. Just print and follow with these detailed pictures and descriptions. Rock it out! If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me, I am here to help.