*In this late-night feature – which will run Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week – I’ll gather up three fun items that are currently on sale online and share them with you! I would LOVE suggestions: Stylish wide-width pumps? Classic v-necked sweaters? Chandelier earrings? Petite dress slacks? What would you like to see featured?*
Ames requested a few picks for longer length summer dresses, so here we go:
Barceloneta Dress – was $248, now $129.95
This floaty silk frock features a removable belt, adorable bodice detailing, and a trendy high-low hemline. If the price is still too high, keep an eye on it – it’ll probably go down again. This dress is 43″ long from shoulder to hem – which, I assume, means the shorter portion of the hem – and is available in sizes 0 – 12.
ASOS Midi Dress with Full Skirt – was $71.62, now $57.30
I love the flirty retro feel of this full-skirted dress. ASOS tends to cut its dresses short, but although this “midi” appears to be mid-knee on the model, bear in mind that she is listed as being 5’10”. Available in sizes 2 – 14 in teal, patchy availability in red and black. (If you prefer a sleeved version, try this one.)
My First Picket Fence Dress – was $182.99, now $160.99
This 100% cotton gem features an elasticized waist and adorable self-belt. (It would also be fun to swap that out for a contrasting color – blue, maybe?) Reviews warn that this style doesn’t have tons of room in the bust, so beware. Reviewers also rate dress length as long – below the knee. A bit of a risk, but returnable. And SO cute. Available in sizes XS – XL, runs small order up.
Other not-currently-on-sale resources for longer length summer dresses:
- Boden – This brand nearly always has at least one tea-length dress in stock. Currently, this one is the cutest.
- Garnet Hill – I think I’ve had to hem every dress I’ve bought from this site. Stuff can get spendy, so keep an eye on the clearance section!
- ASOS – This uber-retailer wins due to sheer volume. Search for “midi dress” and you’ll get dozens of options, including plus, petite, and a few maternity.
- Jones New York – Another brand that tends to cut hems on the long side.
- And, of course, THRIFT STORES! If you’re looking for true bargains, check the dress racks at your local secondhand stores. Midi lengths abound in many regions. (thethriftshopper.com can help you locate stores near you.)
**Disclosure: Actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for alreadypretty.com. See Already Pretty’s disclosure statement for more details.