Oh, I’ve been inexcusably lame at following up on all my tags and awards, my peeps. If you’ve tagged or awarded me and I failed to even say thanks, please stop by and scold my ass. I will apologize profusely, and do my utmost to get caught up!
In the meantime, two of my favorite blogs laid tags on me last week and, in the spirit of that it’s-a-new-year-turn-over-a-better-bloggy-leaf dealybob, I thought I’d do ‘em quick like.
Cath of Asian Cajuns tagged me to unearth six random things about myself.
- Take a basketball and cut it in half with a chainsaw. Fill it with salad. I can eat that much salad in a single sitting.
- I know every word to Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika, the joint national anthem of South Africa, Tanzania, and Zambia. It makes me cry to sing it.
- I have a tattoo of a tribalized badger on my lower back. The North American badger is my totem animal. No, I am not from Wisconsin.
- The first album I ever purchased was “A Different Light” by the Bangles. On vinyl. Shut up, I am NOT old.
- My most serious high school boyfriend was named Mike Magee. I married Mike McGraw. COINCIDENCE?!?!?????
- If I could have a superpower, I’d want to be able to transform into any animal, at will.
For this bad boy, I’ma tag the following six bloggers:
Pretty Little Pictures
A Pretty Face
(Optional, of course – just in case you gals want a fun little diversion.)
And THEN, dreamecho tagged me to reveal seven details about myself.
- I have teensy wrists and ankles.
- I crave salt over sugar.
- I have never snored. Several lovers will confirm.
- I love dogs AND cats.
- I have eaten two Subway sandwiches in my life. Both times, I barfed. So when the doctor asks if I have any allergies, I always wonder if I should say, “Subway.”
- My legal name is Sarah.
- I am a horrific cook, but make some of the best guacamole and quesadillas in the known universe.
And for THIS ‘un, I tag these seven gals:
A Beautiful Dream
(Ditto the above disclaimer – if it ain’t fun, or you’ve already done it, move along, move along.)
And, of course, if either of these memes appeals to ANY of you, feel free! Everyone loves revealing random facts, and everyone loves reading random facts about their fellow bloggers. Sometimes we style-focused femmes fail to reveal fun personal tidbits … memes like this are a perfect remedy to that tendency, no?